Goals 2015: Indoor
finish the laundry /canning kitchen/plant starting/chick brooding /cheese making room. This entails
wrapping two walls in bead board, throwing up some closet doors, putting in new sink cabinets and sink, stenciling and reinstalling upper cabinet doors, door and drawer hardware, and figuring out how to (warning! bad pun alert:) wring the most function out of wall above sink.
- Unpack and set up the sewing/craft/puzzle room.
- Add a deep storage closet and pantry to the basement.
- Do a temporary paint, flooring, sink and toilet update to the hall bath.
- Complete the
wood stove installation, and the initial burn offs.
Goals 2015: Outdoor
- fence in the garden-2-b area.
- fence in the orchard area.
- fence in the dog area.
take downand remove the old smoke house. order and plant a 10 fruit tree package. order and plant 9 raspberries order and plant 3 blueberries order and plant an almond tree order and plant 2 hazelnut trees order and plant a fig tree order and plant 2 elderberry bushes order and plant 10 lilacs order and plant 50 asparagus
Goals 2015: Animals
- start our laying flock 8 hens, 1 rooster.
- decide whether to aim for Nigerian dwarf or Kinder goats.
- decide on whether to start at square one with a kinder line (my own nubian and pygmy choice), or to pass go and collect 2nd or 3rd generation kinders from others.
If choosing kinders, learn how to pronounce kinders! ; )
- develop a list of herds and breeders for all of the above.
- clean out the small barn (30x40) above the garden area for goats/greenhouse/water/solar projects.
- adapt the barn for the above purpose.
put together chicken tractor, and settle on place for it.
Those in green are being worked on, and those in blue/linked are projects we've blogged about.
Wish us some luck, and a dry day or two. There is no where near the problems here as in other areas like Texas, but we've gotten our share of rain and then some, too.